Introduction to IoT and Sigfox
Allyx Fontaine & Christophe Fourtet
Sigfox is an inexpensive, reliable, low-power solution to connect sensors and devices. With our dedicated radio-based network, we are committed to giving a voice to the physical world, and make the Internet of Things truly happen. The Sigfox protocol focuses on:
- Autonomy. Extremely low energy consumption, allowing years of battery life.
- Simplicity. No configuration, connection request or signaling. Your device is up and running within minutes!
- Cost efficiency. From the hardware used in the devices to our network, we optimize every step to be as cost-effective as possible.
- Small messages. No large assets or media allowed on the network, only small notifications: up to 12 bytes.
- Complementarity. Thanks to its low cost and ease of configuration, you can also use Sigfox as a secondary solution to any other type of network, e.g.: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS, etc.
In this talk, we will introduce IoT and present a demonstration of Sigfox Techonolgy.